Thursday, January 13, 2011

i've got a folksy baby...

The other night I was experimenting with how the little sea monkey responded to different songs on my playlist. I would play a song for a few minutes, observe, and move on to the next song. It turns out that this babe has the same taste in music as his mama. Some songs would make him 'dance' much more than others. He loved anything Rufus Wainright, The Acorn and Nick Drake. But his favorite song of them all? Ressurection Fern by Iron and Wine! Good pick little guy!

(When I told this to Warren he reminded me that my experient was not fair since I don't have much Queen on my i-pod!)

I daydream about my child growing up knowing the words to all of mama's hip music, and dosn't hear the likes of Justin Beiber or Eminem until he's at least old enough to drive.

Please watch this ADORABLE video! My heart is melting! Good job litle girl!



Love Always,
Joan Blondina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby sounds like budding hipster ;)

and my heart literally just melted. that wee one sings as if she knows the meaning to the lyrics! adorbs.

putitonmyTAB said...

no doubt that your babe is gonna be the coolest - look at his parents.
i'm sure he will be singin just like this girl "i sure love my ma and pa!"