Wednesday, November 24, 2010

there's always a silver lining...

... and I love to discover its whereabouts. 

Our recent re-location means that I can't walk to work anymore. Now I drive in every day to work, and it's certainly not as relaxing or enjoyable. However, driving means that I do get 10 minutes of either beloved a.m. public radio banter or some in-the-car-from-the-heart-belting-out of whatever CD I have laying around. So, there you have it: a silver lining!

Another amazing thing about driving to work is that if I make one small detour, Starbucks becomes part of my rout. How convenient! Few things lift my mood like a well made Soy Latte, and Starbucks makes one of the best. I am a bit of a Soy Latte connoisseur (if I thought about it I could probably list my top 5 favorite places in the world to get one). So once a week I dart in with the rest of the crazy people who love paying $8 for a coffee and slice of pumpkin loaf and arrive at work feeling luxurious and at peace with the world.

There's nothing like finding the silver lining.


Love Always,
Joan Blondina
  

No comments: